Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Fried Chicken

Do you ever crave fried chicken? I have had this craving for weeks, and I've been unable to satisfy it with anything good, and at the same time, unwilling to do the work of breaking out the peanut oil and soaking the chicken in buttermilk to make what I crave. I have delayed pulling out all the stops and making a mound of fried chicken for myself, afraid I would eat it all and at the same time hopeful that I would find some place which would make fried chicken capable of satisfying my craving.

Good thing I found out about Honey's Kettle Fried Chicken in Culver City (they also have a location in Compton). Honey's makes the best crispy, juicy, tasty, non-greasy version I have found in Los Angeles (my saying that is like giving them a food Oscar for fried chicken!). They offer all the parts separately or in combination with fried catfish, fries, biscuits (they even sell their biscuit mix), and corn on the cob. Honey's chicken is the perfect picnic basket because even at room temperature, their chicken tastes great. If you want to be a little healthier, they also offer a fried chicken salad and chicken skewers (not fried) with vegetables, but if you go, please taste what they are known for before opting for something else. The decor is basic fast food with a nice big screen tv inside, and the service is friendly but rushed (it is usually packed around meal times), so I would recommend taking out your order to eat at home (or try the patio if the weather is nice).

It's nice when someone else does all the work and you get to savor the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment