Thursday, May 20, 2010

Little Next Door Encore

I went back to the Little Next Door today with Cindy and a camera that works, so today's post is a visual one with more (clearer) pictures to go with my previous post.

The daily special was grilled sardines on a fresh bed of spinach, roasted red peppers and a garlic vinaigrette ($18). This was the dish when it arrived.



This was the dish after I had my way with it. I would eat this every day if I could.



Cindy opted for breakfast with the spinach omelette with feta, red peppers, garlic, onions and black olives $13) with a potato gratin side and salad that she said was the best she had ever had (and she eats alot of spinach omelettes).



I took dessert to go, choosing pistachio, black cherry, and lavender* macaroons ($1.75 each) and two palmiers ($1.50 each). The macaroons are rich and delicately flavored and the palmiers were perfectly sweet and crunchy. Cindy took home a mixed fruit tart ($6) and a puff pastry filled with whipped cream, but because she was rushing to avoid rush hour traffic (how ironic) I did not have a chance to take pictures before she left. Oh well, I guess that means there will be a third trip back to the Little Next Door sometime soon.



*There is no picture of the lavender one because Cindy ate it in the car before I could take a picture of it.

Little Next Door on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. Wow I love sardines the first dish looks absolutely amazing! It's rare to find them served in the states.

    ReplyDelete