Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Beacon for Lunch

Having been to Beacon for dinner (see my previous post), I wanted to try lunch on their patio during the day, and what better day than one in October when temperatures hit 80 here in Los Angeles? Even better than the weather, was the deal they had with set lunch menus for $16 during Dine LA week.

I started with the roasted beet and apple salad, served with goat cheese, toasted almonds and dressed with a miso white balsamic sauce. This salad is fusion as it should be, a medley of flavors which actually compliment each other without battling for attention. It was a nice refreshing way to start of my meal.

For my main course I chose the pulled pork sandwich with Asian slaw, and just looking at the picture is making my mouth water for another bite of this rich and crunchy balance. The soft bread allowed me to actually take a full bite and taste the sweetly sauced tender pork with the crisp cabbage and carrot Asian slaw which offered a nice counterpoint to the rich pork.

Portions were reasonable enough that I actually had room for my dessert of coconut panna cotta with strawberries and lychees. Normally I don't like panna cotta, but I love coconut, so I figured I would give this dessert a taste. I liked the smooth light panna cotta so much I ate nearly half of it before eating the fruit!

Beacon is not only a Beacon in the night, but also in the day when you can enjoy the creative cuisine of Asians living in the West. Beacon truly is the best of both worlds.

Beacon on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment