Monday, February 3, 2014

Los Angeles Vibe At Lockwood In Paris

My first Yelp Elite event* in Paris was in the neighborhood I know best, Paris' 2nd arrondissement, but I would never have found Lockwood if not for the Yelp Community manager/organisers Elodie and Zeva, who put this event together. Meeting other people who love to eat and socialize here was fun, and even better when it's in a place that is cozy, casual, and friendly with a great atmosphere!

The ground floor has small tables and a long communal one where people were sharing bites and drinks, but our private party was held downstairs in the cave, literally a cave that was carved out of stone walls. We had three marvelous bartenders mixing and pouring drinks which will be on their menu shortly.


 This was the Ruby Caroll, a light slightly sweet drink, that would be great on a warm night.
I had the Mary Used to Smoke, and it was like a thin gazpacho with a smoky and spicy lingering taste that I enjoyed. It was an aromatic accompaniment to savory bites.
Behind the bar downstairs was a cozy lounge which was perfect for conversations with smaller groups.
We were treated to samples of their bites; Croque Monsieurs, a seared charcuterie on toast, and a tuna spread. I enjoyed all the savory bites, but the sweeter one that arrived later (that everyone demolished before I could take a picture of) was a hit with everyone except me.  I'm not really a sweet lover aside from excellent chocolate, so I'd say if you like sweet creamy foods, you would love their sweet bites.
The small lounge area behind the bar downstairs was next to their store of liquor....yes, kept behind bars and padlocked!


Definitely an address to go for drinks (they serve breakfast, lunch, and coffees too) and/or bites, when you want some place that's unique and fun with nice service (they were swamped and still smiled)!

*Since this was a Yelp Elite event all my food and drinks were comped. Regular prices for food was between 5-8 ($7-10), wine averaged 5 ($7), cocktails 7-13 ($10-16)and coffees were between 2,50-4 ($4-7).

No comments:

Post a Comment