Saturday, August 2, 2008

Amusing Doctor

It is week-end inspiration time, and today's inspiration is Dr. Bernie Siegel who was the commencement speaker at USM when I got my Master's in Spiritual Psychology. I consider him to be my best birthday present that year (commencement day was also my birthday).

I am glad I don't need Bernie Siegel to be my doctor, but I am glad he is a doctor for his patients and for his readers who like having an MD credential (Bernie was a surgeon who worked with cancer patients) for spiritual subject matters. His book "Love, Medicine & Miracles" recounts his experiences with his miraculously brave and inspiring patients who healed themselves (or not) with their intentions and perseverance.

They say a doctor merely amuses the patient as they heal themselves; Bernie is a great animator.

No comments:

Post a Comment