Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Green Cookware

I love to cook almost as much as I love to eat, so finding a good set of cookware is essential to my sense of well-being and peace of mind. My major concerns are that my saucepans are made well enough to withstand my constant (almost professional) use, that they heat evenly and consistently, and that they are easy to clean. Even though copper is a great heat conductor, it is a pain to keep clean; stainless steel is wonderful, but if you are not completely vigilant 100% of the time, something will stick and burn, leaving you with scrubbing duty worthy of Popeye muscles. Most of my cookware is anodized, but even that choice gives off some unhealthy vapors and residue into the atmosphere and food.

Scanpan is a revolutionary new kind of nonstick green cookware. It's Danish, made with ceramic-titanium interiors and you can put them in your dishwasher! And forget about all the scratches you can cause on other nonstick pans, these are metal utensil safe. They are also oven safe to 500 degrees, certified PFOA free, and on sale for 20-40% off selected sizes at Sur La Table right now.

The only thing better than a great nonstick green saucepan is one on sale!

No comments:

Post a Comment