Friday, March 20, 2009

France Bound Rentals

I always prefer living in an apartment or house when I travel so I can taste the local flavors of the markets. I enjoy shopping for daily supplies like the natives, even buying toilet paper can be a fun adventure in a foreign country. In most cases I can find a rental for about the same or less than a hotel room, but even when it may be more, the added privacy and savings of eating a few meals in usually make it worth the difference.

Every time I have traveled to the South of France I have stayed in a hotel, but next time I go, I will be renting a place. I've already written about VRBO and Beau-Paris rentals, but for the South of France, France Bound has some spectacular places.

If I end up traveling alone, a 1 Bedroom in Nice for $780-$1500 a week, should work out just fine, with a partial view of the Mediterranean, on the Promenade des Anglais, and just 2 blocks away from the famous Hotel Negresco ($1,200 per night for a 1BR in the summer). If I can gather a few friends to journey with me, a private 3 bedroom 3 bath villa in Cannes for $6,700 a week (or $1,116 per person divided by 6 people) with a large pool, terrace, garden, 2 car garage, air conditioning and satellite TV, should work perfectly.

Being able to live in a villa in Cannes during the summer, with a pool overlooking the French Riviera is not just life for Tina Turner anymore; we can all live like rock stars at these prices.

No comments:

Post a Comment