Monday, July 6, 2009

Cusp Century City Sale

Every once in a blue moon I want to get something special for myself and I don't do my usual hunt for the best deal. But my basic nature is to hunt, and when I am in an extravagant mood, a 40% off sale at Cusp allows me to indulge both my impulses of bargain shopping and blowing out my savings.

As every show addict knows, there are never enough shoes, and that applies doubly when the shoes are unique pieces that make an outfit like Pour la Victoire Spectator pumps ($275 regularly but on sale for $192) or the object of my lust, the Elizabeth James Jazz Button Pumps (not on sale at $325).

Clothes range from the comfortable and casual Joie crop pants (on sale for $112) to the dressy Vera Wang Lavender label ($455 regularly but on sale for $159). Of course they sell accessories from buttery soft handbags (Marc Jacobs hobos on sale for $349) to earrings and bracelets, but the finishing touches which got my attention were the Chanel lip glosses and the Gucci fragrances by the cash register, unfortunately all at regular retail; do cosmetics and perfumes ever go on sale outside of the duty free shops?

I could have easily spent $3000 in Cusp today, but I settled on a $27 Chanel lipgloss because Richard Gere was no where in sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment