Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Tasteful Silverado Resort

I haven't been back to Napa in over 10 years, so when my friends invited me to their family reunion, I looked forward to seeing both my friends from college and wine country. Upon my arrival at the Silverado Resort after an 8+ hour drive, the front desk helped me find my friends by searching last names, first names and relatives names; they never lost their patience or smile. Likewise Dominique, the concierge, managed to reserve a sold out restaurant for a party of four, that became a party of eight an hour before the reservation. Service here was impeccable. Even housekeeping was efficient and smiling with a fully booked hotel, they came and delivered extra towels within 30 minutes of our request.

The 1 BR fireplace condo ($340 per night) looked out over the golf course, a beautiful view to wake up to every morning.


We got a fireplace condo which was spacious enough to easily accommodate four adults (unless the four are football players).


The kitchen was well equipped with a coffeemaker, tea kettle, microwave and dishwasher. There was a welcome plate of fresh fruit and cheese upon our arrival, which we promptly devoured after a flight which offered NO food (not even for sale)!


The beds were comfortable and spacious, with mattresses that were neither too firm nor soft.


Great touches like a screened bathroom window which opened to a private patio, a full sized ironing board, and a loofah mitt, made this one of the most well appointed places I have ever stayed!


The only negatives during my entire stay was that the resort lacked ENOUGH personnel to handle all the guests and the room decor could use a more updated look. The line at the front desk was three guests deep per person at the counter. The lone concierge, Dominique, had 5 guests waiting for her as her phone rang. When I called in to the hotel from my cell phone, I was put on hold and cut off four times as I waited. If they would just update the condos to a more modern look and invest in more personnel, this would be a spectacular resort, but it is a very good place to stay as it is now, so if you are going to wine country, consider Silverado as one of the most tasteful choices you can make.

TripAdvisor

No comments:

Post a Comment