Monday, November 7, 2016

Frenchy Meal at CDG

There are many options for a meal at CDG, but when one of them is Frenchy's Bistro, it's an easy decision. Gilles Epié was given a Michelin star when he was only 22, and was the chef at the famous l'Orangerie in Los Angeles. It was a fitting place to eat before my flight at a restaurant run by a chef with a long history tied to Los Angeles.
As you can see from the menu, prices are very reasonable for a quality meal inside an airport. Set menus promise that you will be served within 30 minutes so you can be sure to make your flight at the gate just a few steps away.
My friend ordered the pasta special which was a filling dish with the cream sauce and cheese. It was not particularly noteworthy, but a good option for vegetarians.
I chose the classic Steak Frites with salad and a glass of wine all for under $25 USD. The steak was tender and cooked rare as I requested, served with a light red wine sauce, the fries were crisp and hot, and a small green salad with a vinaigrette on the side made for a classic French bistro lunch.
Part of me will always be in Paris, no matter where my physical address may be :)

No comments:

Post a Comment